Did you know that the car alternator at Car Repair Service Center in Los Angeles is a major component in the charging system of your car? While driving, your car alternator chargers the battery and based on the electrical power from the car battery, your car is running. Without power, your car will not run.
There are several technical problems when it comes to an alternator damage. Belt slippage is one of them, which generally happens when damaged or worn out belt slips out of the pulley wheel of the alternator, causing decreased voltage output. If you have a car battery that has died or is dying, it will make the alternator fail from overuse. It is better to have your alternator checked out by a mechanic once per year.
Do you have a bad alternator?
If your car is exhibiting any of the following behaviors, you could be in need of an alternator repair or replacement. Signs of a potentially bad alternator include:
- A dead battery
- A whining and growling noise from the hood
- Dim headlights on your car
- Random and inconsistent electrical failures throughout your car
- If you car has any starter issues
- The smell of burning rubber or burning wires from your hood
- The “GEN” or battery light shows up on the dashboard
Are you in need of an alternator repair services and looking for a Car Breakdown Service in Los Angeles? Pick the best service at Don’s Auto Repair. A dynamic team is waiting for you.