Every car owner is concerned about fuel economy, i.e. mileage. It happens due to the increasing rate of diesel. If the vehicle does not give adequate mileage, ultimately it makes a dent in the pocket of car owners. If you are a car owner, you need certain guidelines to improve fuel economy. One of the simplest ways to do so is to bring change in driving habits. Whenever a car owner approaches us at Don’s Auto Repair Inc for automotive repair shops in Los Angeles.
At the same time, we guide clients on fuel economy with the following points:
- Minimizing cold engine operation
- Driving conservatively by avoiding rapid acceleration and hard braking
- Changing the gears efficiently
- Driving by anticipating the actual condition of the road
- Adhering to speed limits
- Resorting to cruise control if you are driving on highways
- Minimizing the idling as much as possible
- Avoiding rush hour driving if possible, etc.
These are a few guidelines you can adhere to, so as to get the best fuel economy out of your vehicle. Nonetheless, there are some technical issues in the car that lead to low mileage. For instance, if you have not changed the oil as per the due date, you cannot expect fuel economy. Our experts at Don’s Auto Repair Inc provide engine oil change in Los Angeles.