There are a lot of things to consider when you’re learning to drive. You have to learn how to safely operate a vehicle, navigate the roadways and abide by all applicable laws. However, there is one rule that stands above all others: to be an excellent driver, you must always maintain your focus on the road.
Stay Alert While You’re Driving
Distracted driving is a major cause of car accidents. You need to put your phone away and stay focused on the road when you drive. Don’t answer texts or emails while driving, and don’t try to use your phone in any way while the car is moving.
Obey The Speed Limit
- Speed limits are there for a reason.
- The government sets speed limits.
- The speed limit is usually set according to the road’s width and its condition.
Drive Safely During Traffic Stops
You may have heard this before, but driving safely begins with following the rules of the road. While it’s important to be courteous, you should also obey all traffic laws. It can help you avoid getting into accidents or being pulled over by police officers. Here are a few things you can do to stay safe during a traffic stop. If an officer asks for your license and registration, pull over into a legal parking spot if there is one available nearby.
Maintain Your Car Regularly
You should take care of your car, and here are some tips to do so.
- Check the oil level and coolant regularly. You can find these in your car’s engine compartment, under the hood.
- Check tire pressure regularly as well; it’s recommended that you check them every week or two. You’ll find the tire pressure on a sticker inside your door frame or under the driver’s side door sill.
- Your brakes and suspension should be checked regularly by an expert mechanic, even a little bit of inspection on your part can help you spot trouble early, which will prevent more serious damage later on down the line.
Follow Traffic Rules
Driving a car involves many responsibilities which must be met at all times. You are required to drive safely and responsibly, pay attention to your surroundings, follow traffic rules, be courteous to other drivers and take good care of your vehicle.
Whether you are a beginner or not, it is important to know how to drive smoothly. Having good driving skills can save your life and others as well. For further information on our Auto Repair Services, call Don’s Auto Repair in Los Angeles, CA, at 323-254-2844.